Five Hughes Watters Askanase Attorneys Make
Law & Politics and Texas Monthly’s “2010 Texas Rising Stars” List
HOUSTON, Texas (April 6, 2010) -- Hughes Watters Askanase L.L.P. (www.hwa.com) has announced that five of its attorneys were named to Law & Politics and Texas Monthly’s 2010 Texas Rising Stars list. Rising Stars are recognized as the top Texas lawyers aged 40 or younger or those who have been practicing law for 10 years or less. Only 2.5 percent of eligible Texas attorneys were chosen as Rising Stars.
The 2010 Texas Rising Stars who practice law at HWA are:
- Patrick McCarren, who joined the firm in 2006 and is an associate who supports the Consumer Financial Services and Real Estate and Finance practice groups;
- Heather Heath-McIntyre, who joined the firm in 2003 and is an associate in the firm’s Business Bankruptcy practice group;
- Brendetta Scott, who came to the firm in 2003 and is an associate in the Consumer Financial Services practice group;
- Steven Shurn, who joined the firm in 1998 and is a partner in the Business Bankruptcy practice group;
- Cheryl Worley, who joined the firm in 2005 and is an associate in the firm’s Commercial Litigation practice group.
For a full biographical profile on any of these Rising Stars or on Hughes Watters Askanase, please see www.hwa.com.