CLIENT SERVICE PHILOSPHY
"In litigation, there is no substitute for being prepared, being persistent, and for maintaining excellent communication with a client. My clients know they are receiving 100 percent from me at all times, in every stage of their case."
Sabrina joined Hughes Watters Askanase in February 2011 as a litigation associate. Sabrina’s practice is focused on consumer financial services litigation and commercial litigation in federal and Texas state courts.
Sabrina counsels lenders, sales finance companies, debt buyers and their servicers, and motor vehicle dealerships on disputes involving alleged unfair debt collection, unfair, deceptive, and abusive acts or practices, credit reporting, and other federal and state consumer law regulations. Sabrina also represents mortgage servicers in litigation arising from default servicing and the enforcement of creditors’ rights.
Prior to joining HWA, Sabrina was an associate with two other Houston business law firms where she represented clients in civil litigation, focusing on complex commercial litigation, business transactions, business torts, and tax litigation.
Sabrina was admitted to the State Bar of Texas in 2008. She is also admitted to practice law in the U.S. District Courts for the Southern, Northern, Eastern, and Western Districts of Texas and the United States Tax Court.
Among Sabrina's significant representations are:
• Successfully defending national automobile retailer in jury trial against buyer asserting damages for fraud and violations of the Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act.
• Representing a medical practice in the removal of a member physician, resulting in a favorable settlement to the practice.
• Negotiating favorable settlement on behalf of debt buyer in cases involving alleged claims for violations of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, the Texas Finance Code, and the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
• Representing mortgage servicer in successful negotiation of alleged Telephone Consumer Protection Act claims, resulting in favorable settlements.
• Prevailing in summary judgment motions on behalf of national automobile retailer in title disputes.
• Prevailing in summary judgment motion on behalf of lender in complex commercial real estate lending dispute.
• Successfully representing small business owner in jury trial against Certified Public Accountant, securing multi-million dollar jury verdict on breach of fiduciary duty and contract claims.
• Bachelor of Arts, Baylor University, 2002
• Master of Arts, Baylor University, 2004
• Juris Doctor, University of Houston Law Center, 2008
• American Bar Association, Business Law Section, Consumer Finance Subcommittee, Young Lawyer Liaison, 2013-2016
• National Association of Dealer Counsel
• Houston Bar Association, Appellate and Litigation Sections
• State Bar of Texas, Appellate and Litigation Sections
AWARDS AND HONORS
• Texas Monthly Rising Star, 2014-2015
HOBBIES AND INTERESTS
Sabrina is actively involved with Covenant Baptist Church. She enjoys international travel, entertaining, cooking fine cuisine, and spending time with her husband and two children.