Robin Phillips has been practicing law for more than 30 years and focuses his practice on real estate related transactions. Robin serves in a Senior Counsel position to Hughes Watters Askanase and practices in the areas of Real Estate and Real Estate Finance, Business Planning and Strategy, and Consumer Finance. Robin was admitted to the State Bar of Texas in 1982 and is admitted to practice in the Northern, Southern, Western, and Eastern districts of Texas.
Robin has gained a broad base of experience in the greater Houston and Dallas metropolitan areas and has served in a variety of roles over his legal career -- from working with regional and boutique firms to sole practitioner. The main emphasis of his career has been commercial real estate transactions, commercial and residential real estate foreclosures, landlord/tenant matters, creditor bankruptcy representation, and litigation support.
- Represented large private institutional investor in 2013 and 2014 as to commercial real estate loans throughout the United States concerning income producing properties, raw land, and construction.
- Represented several real estate companies in Dallas, Texas as to commercial real estate transactions concerning development, purchase and sale of real property, and office and retail leasing.
- Performed real estate foreclosures and creditor bankruptcy representation for privately held lender in Dallas, Texas.
- Baylor University School of Law, Doctor of Jurisprudence, 1982
- Baylor University, Bachelor of Business Administration, 1979
- Houston Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters, 2005-2013
Hobbies and Special Interests
When the practice of law allows, Robin is an avid golfer and has played for over forty years. He takes frequent trips to the Hill Country of Texas to play golf and relax with friends.