Randall Rios is a Senior Counsel to Hughes Watters Askanase and practices in the areas of Bankruptcy and Creditor/Debtor Rights in the Business Bankruptcy Practice. In a legal career spanning more than 25 years, he has represented clients in all Districts of Texas, and numerous other Districts including the District of Delaware, the District of Nevada, the Central and Northern Districts of California, the Southern District of New York and the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit. In addition to representing debtors and creditors, he has extensive experience in representing creditors’ committees, landlords, purchasers of distressed assets as well as trustees in numerous reorganization and liquidation bankruptcy cases.
Throughout his career, Randall has been involved in reorganization proceedings for businesses in a wide variety of industries including oil and gas, chemical, retail, health care, finance and manufacturing. He has prosecuted and defended bankruptcy litigation and various types of bankruptcy related commercial litigation including director, officer and insider liability matters.
Prior to joining Hughes Watters Askanase, Randall was a Shareholder at Munsch, Hardt, Kopf & Harr, P.C., and a founding member of Floyd, Isgur, Rios & Wahrlich, P.C. He has been named an AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated attorney with Martindale-Hubbell. In addition to being named a “Texas Super Lawyer” by Texas Monthly Magazine/Super Lawyers for nine consecutive years he was selected to appear in the Business Edition and Corporate Counsel Edition for Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debtor Rights.
- Representation of a large publicly traded oil and gas company as conflicts counsel in its Chapter 11 case in Houston, Texas.
- Representation of the Chapter 11 Trustee of a publicly traded oil and gas company with operations in Houston, Texas and Columbia.
- Representation of a large trade creditor which chaired the official committee of unsecured creditors in the Chapter 11 case of a chemical company in Willington, Delaware.
- Representation of a large trade creditor in the Chapter 11 case of a large publicly traded chemical company in New York, New York.
- Representation of a gas trading company in its Chapter 11 case in Houston, Texas.
South Texas College of Law, Juris Doctorate, 1988
Texas A&M University, Bachelor of Business Administration, Marketing, 1982
HONORS AND AWARDS
State Bar of Texas – Member Bankruptcy and Business Law Sections
- Houston Bar Association – Member, Bankruptcy Section
American Bar Association, Member, Bankruptcy Section
American Bankruptcy Institute
HOBBIES AND SPECIAL INTERESTS
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debtor Rights Super Lawyers — Business Edition and Corporate Counsel Edition, Thomson Reuters, 2009-2010
- Lawyers for the People, H Texas, 2007-2009
- Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters, 2005-2014
- Top Lawyers, H Texas, 2007-2014
Sports, working out, fine dining, movies, reading and spending time with my wife and two daughters.