Nathan Milliron joined Hughes Watters Askanase in November 2011. He supports the firm's Commercial Litigation Practice Area, with much of his work focused on representing lenders. HWA's varied practice areas and the depth of experience of its legal team offered special appeal to Nathan.
Nathan was admitted to the State Bar of Texas in May 2004. He also is licensed to practice law in the U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Western, Southern, and Eastern Districts of Texas.
Prior to joining HWA, Nathan worked as an associate with Cersonsky, Rosen & Garcia, P.C. in Houston for more than five years. He also worked as an associate handling insurance defense matters with Fahl and Takeuchi, P.C. shortly after completing law school.
During law school, Nathan worked as a judicial intern for The Honorable Georgia Dempster, 308th Judicial District Court of Harris County in Houston and as a mediator for the University of Houston Mediation Clinic.
Nathan focuses his practice on civil litigation, including commercial litigation, banking law, and creditors' rights. He has worked on and successfully litigated a broad range of matters including banking and collection matters, breach of contract claims, and personal injury cases.
Some of Nathan's additional experience includes:
• Developing, overseeing and managing a federal credit union docket of more than 325 cases at various phases of litigation -- from inception through post-judgment collection activity.
• Successfully arguing multiple motions for summary judgment
• Successfully prosecuting and defending jury and non-jury civil actions.
- Juris Doctorate, University of Houston Law Center, 2004
- Bachelor of Science degree, Business and Finance, magna cum laude, Seton Hall University, 2001
AWARDS AND HONORS
- Dean's List, Seton Hall University, 1998-2001
- Stillman School of Business, Dean's Advisory Committee, Seton Hall, 1999
- Who's Who is American Law, 2007
- Named a 2014 Rising Star by Texas Monthly Magazine
- American Bar Association
- Houston Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
HOBBIES AND INTERESTS
Nathan enjoys working out, reading, traveling, cooking and sampling wines. He resides in the Houston suburb of Katy.