Kristen joined Hughes Watters Askanase in August 2010. Prior to joining HWA, she served as a law clerk for Baker & Associates in Houston and as a law clerk at HWA from August 2009 until May 2010.
Kristen was admitted to the State Bar of Texas in November 2010. She also is licensed to practice law in the U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Western, Southern, and Eastern Districts of Texas.
While a student at the University of Houston Law Center, Kristen competed on the University's Moot Court Team and served as a contributing editor to the Houston Law Center-based Journal of Consumer and Commercial Law. She also served as a legal intern for The Honorable Jeff Bohm, U.S. Bankruptcy Judge, Southern District of Texas. Additionally, Kristen worked as a research assistant for Associate Dean Richard Alderman at the University of Houston.
Kristen focuses her practice on representing the needs of banks, mortgage servicing companies and other lenders in various aspects of consumer financial services. She also assists HWA attorneys and paralegals in a research and writing capacity for the development of legal articles and presentations.
- Bachelor of Arts degree in Communication, magna cum laude, Texas A&M University, 2007
- Juris Doctor, University of Houston Law Center, May 2010
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Arthur L. Moller-David B. Foltz American Inn of Court
- Member, Houston Association of Young Bankruptcy Lawyers
- Member, Houston Bar Association
- Member, Houston Young Lawyers Association
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Member, Texas A&M Houston Howdy Club
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Regional Finalist, American Bar Association Negotiation Competition, 2008
- Recipient, Texas A&M Department of Communication Citizenship Award, 2007
- Dean's List, Texas A&M, 2003-2007
- Member, National Society of Collegiate Scholars, 2004-2007
- Member, Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society, 2007-Present
- Volunteer, the "People's Law School" at the University of Houston Consumer Law Center, a community-wide program designed to expose consumers to various aspects of the law, 2007-2009
- Volunteer, Houston Young Lawyers Association's "Adopt an Angel" program, 2009-2010
- Volunteer, landlord-tenant intern, Lone Star Legal Aid, 2008
- Volunteer, law clerk, Office of the Attorney General for the State of Texas, Consumer Protection Division, 2009
- Volunteer, Wonderful Women Role Models, 2010
HOBBIES AND SPECIAL INTERESTS
Kristen enjoys cooking, tennis and outdoor activities. She is also proud to be from Brenham, Texas, which is the home of Blue Bell ice cream.